1. The (SACA) Charity Bike Ride is organised by volunteers of SIKH ARTS AND CULTURAL ASSOCIATION.
2. This is a charity bike ride and all entrants are expected to raise funds
3. Cyclists must observe the Highway Code at all times, and in particular, they should ride in single file and not in large groups.
4. Cyclists under the age of sixteen MUST be accompanied by a responsible adult. *
5. Cyclists should ensure that their bicycles are in a roadworthy condition.
6. Cyclists should appreciate that cycling can be very strenuous and should be fully aware of their capabilities. Cyclists shall make sure that their health is in a condition that allows him/her to take part in this event, and consult a doctor if necessary. Participation will be at the participant’s own risk.
7. Respect the roads/countryside and leave it tidy.
8. By taking part, all participants, volunteers and spectators confirm that they are happy to be in any photos or video footage that may be used to publicise the event in marketing materials that will be available to the general public.
9. Organisers reserve the right not to allow a cyclist to participate for various reasons, not limited to: late registration, unsuitable clothing/footwear, unsafe cycling equipment, inappropriate behaviour, unsuitable fitness levels, health issues.
10. SACA respectfully asks that all participants along with their supporters refrain from smoking at the event. SACA reserves the right to not allow individuals to participant in the event on the ground that they are bringing the charity’s name in to disrepute by depicting smoking at the event.
11. Any cyclist withdrawing from the event either before or during the ride must notify the SIKH ARTS AND CULTURAL ASSOCIATION (SACA) Bike Ride Organisers.
12. All cyclists are encouraged to finish by 20:00 on Saturday and 14:00 on Sunday.
13. The Organisers reserve the right to amend, postpone or cancel the event at any time. Please note that the entry fee is non-refundable.
14. Cyclists should wear bright clothing, suitable foot attire and have their own insurance.
15. By participating in the event this does not confer any right (by implication or otherwise) on the participant to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks. logos and/or intellectual property of the event.
16. These terms and conditions are subject to English law and jurisdiction
Disclaimer: By participating in this event you accept these terms and conditions of entry and acknowledge that SACA has no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to your belongings. You also acknowledge and accept that SACA will not be liable for death or personal injury.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK. IN CONSIDERATION OF THE ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, YOU ASSUME FULL AND COMPLETE RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR ACCIDENT WHICH MAY OCCUR DURING THE EVENT, WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PREMISES OF THE EVENT, OR WHILE YOU ARE TRAVELING TO OR FROM THE EVENT. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT IS HAZARDOUS, AND THAT YOU SHOULD NOT ENTER AND PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU ARE MEDICALLY ABLE AND PROPERLY TRAINED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE EVENT MAY BE HELD OVER PUBLIC ROADS AND FACILITIES OPEN TO THE PUBLIC DURING THE EVENT AND UPON WHICH HAZARDS ARE TO BE EXPECTED. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT CARRIES WITH IT CERTAIN INHERENT RISKS AND DANGERS THAT CANNOT BE ELIMINATED COMPLETELY RANGING FROM RISK OF MINOR INJURIES TO CATASTROPHIC INJURIES INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY AND DEATH. YOU ARE AWARE OF AND ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION RISKS OF PERMANENT INJURY OR DEATH DUE TO FALLS, OBSTACLES, CONTACT WITH OTHER PARTICIPANTS, ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS, EFFECT OF WEATHER, TRAFFIC AND CONDITIONS OF ANY ROAD.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY. YOU HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE SACA AND ALL OTHER PERSONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT, FOR ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST THEM ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR DAMAGES CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF THE ABOVE PARTIES (INCLUDING ANY NEGLIGENT RESCUE ATTEMPT), THE ACTION OR INACTION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE PARTIES, OR OTHERWISE.
SACA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SACA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SACA SITES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SACA SITES; (C) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION OR PROGRAM COORDINATED BY SACA; (D) PERSONAL INJURY NOT CAUSED BY SACA’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE; (E) UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (F) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SACA SITES; (G) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SACA SITES, OR SACA PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; OR (H) YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT. YOU AGREE THAT SACA’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ANY REASON OR CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF MONIES RECEIVED BY SACA FROM YOU.
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER, YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU AND ALL REGISTERED PARTIES ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT AND WAIVER FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.